Deposit Insurance Board (DIB) is an institution charged with protecting your deposits in banks and deposit taking financial institutions in Tanzania. DIB: “We protect your deposits”
Reimbursements & Deposit protection
DIB provides protection to depositors’ funds against loss arising from failure of a bank or deposit-taking financial institution.
DIB is responsible for management of the Deposit Insurance Fund as provided by the law.
DIB conducts public awareness sessions to the general public about its existence, responsibilities and limitations as a means of enhancing their confidence to the banking and financial sector.
To contribute to the stability, integrity and public confidence in the nation's financial system by providing protection to eligible deposits.
To be a reliable institution in promoting stability and public confidence in the financial system.
Our Core Values
- Integrity: We highly adhere to ethical standards in performing our duties and responsibilities in support of our mission.
- Accountability: We perform our duties transparently and remain accountable to our stakeholders.
- Communication: We effectively communicate and collaborate with our stakeholders.
- Teamwork: We embrace multidisciplinary teamwork.
- Excellence: We perform our duties professionally, embrace creativity, and innovativeness in improving performance.